New York Fashion Week was in full swing, and we can’t stop cooing over all the hairstyles seen on the runway. Spring/Summer 2017’s hair trend is definitely all about effortless, everyday hairstyles. Take a look below at our favourite looks from the runway!
We love all the hair accessories found on the NYFW catwalk. It’s a great way to add some excitement into your average up-do or curl look. We love the elegant headbands featured on models at Phillip Lim, and Rodarte’s fabulous floral hair clips, which remind us of grown-up and sophisticated festival hair.
Get the Look:
1. Start by spraying in some Dry Shampoo
to help soak up excess oil, and add some texture and grit to your hair. Choose one of four multifaceted Root Touch-Ups that seamlessly blend with your hair colour, or go back to basics with Simply Dry Shampoo
, that provides a clear mist. Spray into the root area, and rub the product in with your hand for best results.
2. Have some fun with your style! Throw it back into a messy chignon, pull it back into a sleek pony, or simply let your curls be. Use Aerodynamics to hold your style in place, and to add UV protection to your hair. Aerodynamics is an ideal working spray, and brushes effortlessly from the hair with zero build-up, so you have the flexibility to change your style as new inspiration hits.
3. Phillip Lim’s fishnet-style headbands would be perfect for an elegant, fashion-forward event, while Rodarte’s floral inspired clips would work great for the holidays!
Curls Gone Wild
Mara Hoffman has inspired us to let our curls run free! The tight voluminous curls donned on models is fun, while still staying tamed and controlled. Perfect for a girl’s night out!
Get the Look:
1. Start by spraying your hair with Spray Gel
, to add hold and thermal protection to your style.
2. Wrap your hair around a small barrel curling iron, 1/2″ to 3/4″ in size. When you come to the top, start curling your hair about an inch or two down from the root area to achieve Mara Hoffman’s sleek root look.
3. Take some Texture Gloss and smooth down the top of your hair. Texture Gloss will help hold down the hair, as well as add exceptional shine. Spray Sea Spray throughout your curls to add more definition and separation.
4. Finish off with Aerodynamics for lightweight hold and shine. Aerodynamics will ensure that your curls stay moveable and bouncy all night long.
Twist It Up
Add a cool twist to your regular up-do with the Proenza Schouler and Public School’s inspired hair plait. Keep your hair sleek, and pulled back tightly, and let your braid have all the fun. We love this style for a quick work to gym transition.
Get the Look:
1. Start by pulling your hair in a tight, low pony. Change up your style by changing up your part, our favourite is the sleek middle part.
2. Use Texture Gloss to smooth down any fly-aways you may have, and to add hold and shine to your style. Spray in some Dry Wax to your pony to add some more grit, and to aid in the braiding process.
3. From here, simply divide your pony in two, and twist around each there. Secure the bottom with an elastic.
4. Add in some Aerodynamics to add shine and a final hold to your style.
Image Credits: W Magazine, Mane Addicts, Livingly, Beauty Stat, Popsugar, Harpers Bazaar